As much as I love easy meals I don’t do them that often. They’re more of a vacation from my usual tornado-like crazy mess that I make in the kitchen. When I think easy meal I automatically look towards my slow cooker. This particular recipe is even easier because it’s a dump and cook style. No need to saute anything beforehand. You could use this as a burrito or taco filling like I suggest or just eat it like a chili. Do whatever makes you happiest!
Burrito Filling Slow Cooker Style
vegan, soy-free, nut-free, gluten-free
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3 cups cooked black beans
- 1 1/2 cups cooked green lentils
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- salt, to taste
- vegan cheddar shreds, optional
- Oil your slow cooker. Add all the ingredients, except for cheese and tortillas, and stir together. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Towards the end of cooking give it a light smashing using a potato masher and stir in the cheese, if using. Finish cooking until cheese melts.
- Fill tortillas or a bowl and enjoy!