I was hoping to get more responses from my last post. I did get a few answers though. I will be sharing all of those recipes at some point, I just wanted help figuring out which ones to start with. The votes I received were for: pumpkin pie oatmeal, burrito filling, and lentil liverwurst. I also promised someone I would be sharing my pumpkin cake recipe soon. So there you have it! These are the recipes that I will be sharing over the next few weeks.
In the spirit of the first week of fall, let’s start with the Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal! This is a straight-forward oatmeal recipe with a few of my favorite add-ins for extra oomph.
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
makes about 2 servings
vegan, soy-free, nut-free, gluten-free
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups nondairy milk (my favorite is flax)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon Blackstrap molasses
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (optional)
- handful of dried cranberries (optional)
- Grind sunflower seeds by pulsing them a few times in a blender or food processor. We use the milling blade on our baby bullet and it’s perfect.
- In a medium saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Lower heat and cook until thickened to desired consistency, at least 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warm and enjoy!