Yes, I know I’m supposed to be on a break, BUT how often do I get nominated for an award?! Never!! This is my first and I couldn’t say no. Yesterday I attended my first vegan meet-up potluck and got to meet some lovely vegan ladies. One of the ladies, Shannon, happens to be the creator of Another Hungry Vegan. She has a wonderful blog with great reviews and some tasty recipes I can’t wait to try out. Shannon was sweet enough to nominate me for this here Liebster Award. How this works is: I answer the questions Shannon has asked, I nominate 8 of my favorite blogs, and ask them 10 new questions. If you follow the trail you’re bound to find some new blogs you’ll want to follow.
Let’s get started with my answers to Shannon’s questions:
1. What is your favorite vegan comfort food?
I’m having a hard time answering this one. Really, anything southern will comfort me right up. Things like casseroles, BBQ, chili and stews, anything fried, and don’t forget the mashed potatoes and gravy. Being from Texas and all, I can’t get enough Mexican food. I find myself craving tacos and enchiladas at least once a week. Why else was Taco Tuesday invented?
2. Is there anything you’ve been really wanting to make/try a vegan version of?
One thing that has been on my to-do list for a long time is to make an out-of-this-world French Onion Soup. I know there are veganized recipes of that all over the internet so I’m trying to think how to make an extra special version.
3. Favorite local restaurant?
No surprise here, it’s WaterCourse, especially now that they are vegan. I love having an all vegan restaurant so close by and one that serves southern comfort food (how perfect is that?!). We don’t go out often, but when we do this is usually our choice.
4. Restaurant you’ve been wanting to go to for a long time?
There are tons of restaurants I want to go to and none of them are here in Denver. I would love to check out the vegan restaurants in Portland, Seattle, Chicago, and Austin. I’ve heard many great things about the well-known restaurants in all of these cities.
5. Favorite place to travel/visit?
If you know me then you know my answer for this one is New York City. I am absolutely obsessed with NY. Maybe even to an unhealthy level. I mean, have you read my three-part post covering every detail of our trip? Seriously, if you haven’t been you should go. I am determined to make it home one day. Papa tummy and I have already had the pre-plan discussion. It’s going to happen!
6. Favorite brand of vegan ice cream?
It used to be So Delicious for the longest time. Until one day, my lovely husband decided to bring a surprise home and introduced me to a new brand, Coconut Bliss. I wish more stores carried them. I love their flavors and it seems so much more creamier than others. Now, if you’re ever in NY you should check out Lula’s. Too bad they don’t sell theirs nationwide. Although, I’m sure it would lose all the charm.
7. Coffee or tea?
This is an easy one. I’m a tea girl. I can enjoy a coffee once in a blue moon, but I much prefer tea. I have a special drawer in my pantry reserved for tea. I have about 15 or so boxes in there right now. I love finding new flavors to try. I got to take a tour of the Celestial Seasonings tea factory up in Boulder which I totally geeked out on. My favorite are herbal teas. I love fruity flavors and my absolute favorite is raspberry hibiscus.
8. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I’m a little of both, I suppose. I have always been an early bird. I am most productive in the morning. The dishes, for instance, if they aren’t done in the morning I probably won’t get to them. I also consider myself somewhat of a night owl since I have a hard time getting to sleep. I usually don’t get into bed until 11 pm and it takes a while for me to turn my brain off and get a few winks before little tummy decides it’s time to eat.
My nominations: Hopefully all of you will be able to participate and sorry if you’ve already been nominated (I must have good taste!). Please answer my questions in a post of your own so we can keep this chain going!
- A. Cook in the Making
- Rachel in Veganland
- Running On Vegan
- Lisa’s Project: Vegan
- Elle’s Vegan Food Diary
- Welcome To Abby’s Kitchen
Rules for my nominees:
- Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominees.
- Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
- No tag backs.
- Nominees must have under 200 followers on any platform.
- You must tell all the blogs that you nominate that you have nominated them.
Questions for my nominees:
- What is your favorite cookbook and why?
- What is your go to dinner to make when you don’t have a lot of time?
- Do you prefer breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
- Do you have any hidden talents you don’t mind sharing?
- What is your favorite pass time?
- Which movie can you watch over and over?
- What one super power do you wish you had?
- What is your dream job?
- Where do you want to retire?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?