On the previous post I mentioned I would be cooking a meal for the new parents in the family. I chose to make them a variation of my Nutty Lasagna Roll-ups to custom fit their taste. I’ve made these roll-ups a few times since I first posted it for all to see. It has become one of our favorites. For this version I used my new cashew ricotta recipe, my mushroom marinara, Beyond Meat Beef-free Crumbles, and Daiya Mozzarella Style Shreds. It was so good I thought I better share the new recipe with you.
One batch of my cashew ricotta is the perfect amount for these roll-ups. There will be extra marinara after you use what’s needed for this recipe. Not too big a deal, though. The leftover sauce is the perfect amount to go with the leftover noodles after using the 18 you need. Don’t you love it when things work out perfectly?
Meaty Cheezy Lasagna Roll-ups
vegan, soy-free, gluten-free option*
makes 18 Lasagna Roll-ups
- 1 pound lasagna noodles (*use gluten-free)
- 1 batch cashew ricotta
- 3 cups mushroom marinara
- 1 package Beyond Meat Beef-free Crumbles, defrosted in the fridge
- 1 package Daiya Mozzarella Style Shreds
- Cook lasagna according to package directions. Drain immediately and lay out flat in a single layer on parchment until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread 1 cup of marinara on the bottom of a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- Lay a single lasagna noodle down and spread a layer of cashew ricotta on the surface, about 2 tablespoons, leaving an inch of space on one end clean. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of beef-free crumbles on ricotta and top with about 1 tablespoon of mozzarella shreds.
- Gently roll up lasagna noodle, like you would a sleeping bag, towards the clean end. Place the lasagna roll-ups seam side down in 3 rows of 6 in the baking dish.
- Spread the remaining 2 cups of marinara on top of the roll-ups making sure all of them are coated with sauce evenly. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella shreds over sauce. Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and return to the oven to cook for another 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and started to brown.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!