Are you looking for a unique side dish to add to the table this holiday? Are you baffled by what to do with all the cranberry butter you have? Do you like spicy food? Well I have just the thing for you. This Spicy Cranberry Polenta is quick and simple and is definitely not a boring side dish.
Spicy Cranberry Polenta
Makes 4 servings
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup cranberry butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan saute jalapeno in a couple of tablespoons of water. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan boil the water.
- Lower the heat. While whisking slowly add in the cornmeal. Mix until there are no lumps.
- Stir in cranberry butter, pepper, and salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly so it doesn’t burn on the bottom.
- Remove from heat and serve.